Sunday, May 6, 2012

BRM512 Reconnaissance Ride

This 200 km brevet was designed to start within the suburbs with easy access if you happen to live at 15 km radius of the starting line. I happen to live within the radius and know the river path very well. Unfortunately, this brevet doesn't allow riding on the Tamagawa cycling path and passes thru residential areas I'm not familiar with many twists and turns. The Q-sheet has around 115 rows and is very easy to get loss. I did this reconnaissance ride for me to get familiar with the residential roads until prefecture road R7, which is a route I know and start of the long climb to Kazahari pass, and then loop back to the tail end of the brevet route.

It was good I did this recon ride as I got loss a few times as well as know a leg of the route that has too many traffic lights and long waits. This will be a time killer unless I find alternate route :)

Looking forward next weekend for the real ride.



No comments: